Subscribe via Email Below.

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, August 15, 2011

Planning Your Trip Itinerary


I started to pack early for my trip to General Santos on Thursday.  I like to plan things ahead of time and planned out this trip as early as January.  Ironically though,  here I am trying  to make last  minute changes on my original plan.  I just realized that I should have sat down with my husband regarding the activities I have planned to do this visit and missed out considering how his work schedule might be affected.  Anyway, I decided to throw away my list and to go with whatever plans my husband has made for the duration of my stay there.  After all this is suppose to be my birthday leave, so I want this vacation to be enjoyable, hassle free and relaxing for me.
I believe that planning your travel and itinerary is always a good thing.  It gives one a perspective of how & what your trip will be like.  This will also give you a chance to double check on the details of the trip, add to it and take out what you want to do without.  I'd like to share with you this article which I know will be helpful.

How to Plan a Trip Itinerary
An itinerary is practically a schedule of events you want to happen in your trip.  For instance, when taking a trip by plane an itinerary describes the flight to your destination (from departure to arrival) and again, your return trip (also from departure to arrival). When going on a trip to an unfamiliar location, it would be wise to always set up an itinerary before taking the trip.  Here's something that might help in setting up your vacation’s itinerary.

1. My idea of a vacation itinerary is one that has loosely scheduled events that I want to happen on a certain day and roughly at a certain time.  So, when you are setting up your itinerary for a vacation, all the events that are supposed to occur and all the things that are to be accomplished should be in it.

2. Schedule these events and the things you want to accomplish across the days of your vacation to balance it out.  Places to see that are in close proximity with each other should be set on the same day or in sequence to each other.

3. Keep in mind that in a vacation, events should ideally be loosely scheduled across the days.  Moving on from one event to another should ideally be based on what you want to do rather than being dictated upon by the hours and minutes.

4. Things that need to be accomplished may be set towards the end of the vacation or in the later part of the day whenever possible.

Remember that you are on a vacation and it is more important to relax and have a good time than to complete everything you have put in your itinerary.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment